Last Updated: October 27, 2020
- Information Collection: Categories of Data and Sources
We collect personal information from you directly, when you use the Offering, from our Brand Partners, and from third parties. This section describes the categories of personal information we collect about you and the sources of that information.
Profile Information. If you choose to link your Account with your account with any of our Brand Partners (each, a "Brand Partner Account"), including as may be required to validate your eligibility for access to the Service as a benefit of your subscription to a Brand Partner’s services, we may receive and automatically populate certain profile information fields in your Account, such as your gender, height, weight, age, date of birth, unique identification number with such Brand Partner, in-person club or studio preferences, in-person club or studio visits, in-person and digital workout activity, purchases, and information about your past communications with such Brand Partner. We use this information to personalize your experience on the Service and the Sites, to provide you with the best member experience across our Brand Partners, address any customer service issues you experience, and to create a comprehensive fitness experience that integrates your online, in-studio, and other fitness activities.
Purchases and Subscriptions. We collect information about your Product purchases, your type of membership to the Service, and any other purchase you make through the Offering. If you choose to link your Account with any of your Brand Partner Accounts, we will collect information about your membership or subscription status with such Brand Partners, and we may receive information about your purchases and other transactions with them.
Location Information. When you use the Offering, we will receive your precise location information if you allow us to do so in your device settings. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the application is running in the foreground or background when the application is closed. We use your location information for engagement-based marketing purposes (for example, letting you know that one of your favorite instructors is offering a class in studio located near you, to offer you promotions, etc.), to conduct analytics to improve the Offering. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings. We also infer your general location information, for example, by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access the Offering, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. We may also receive information about the device and software you have used if you have linked your Account with a Brand Partner Account that receives your device and software information.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the Offering and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Offering, such as the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, the music you listen to, and the dates and times of your interactions with the Offering.
Communications-Related Information. If you contact us directly, we may collect additional information about you. For example, when you provide feedback on the Offering or contact our studio teams, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to receive electronic communications from us, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. We also collect information you provide through your participation in any surveys or studies. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open or interact with them to learn how to deliver a better member experience and improve the Offering.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We may collect personal information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. At our direction, third parties, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. To the extent that any of these practices may be considered to be a “sale” of personal information under California law, you have the right to opt out at any time, as detailed in Section 5 below. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Offering. Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Offering, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Offering to their fullest potential.
Third Party Data. We may occasionally acquire demographic and other data about our customers and prospective customers. We only acquire this information from reputable third parties that have notified you about their data collection practices and given you the opportunity to opt out of the sale of that information. We use this information to better understand and communicate with our customers and to market the Offering.
Careers. If you apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide with your application and on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. If you apply to us through one of our third-party partners, we will collect the information you make available to us through that partner.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
In addition to the uses described above, we use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, operate, improve, de-bug, and enhance the Offering;
- To enable and process payments for Service membership subscriptions and Product purchases;
- To personalize your and others’ experience on the Offering, such as by providing tailored content and recommendations;
- To provide a seamless and integrated fitness and wellness experience across different brands, working with our Brand Partners;
- To understand and analyze how you use the Offering;
- To understand and analyze how you use various fitness and wellness products and services across different brands, working with our Brand Partners;
- To develop and to enable our Brand Partners to develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To measure the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns;
- For research and analytics purposes, including market research, new feature and product testing, and health, fitness, and technology research;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to the Offering, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, conduct surveys, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To facilitate the connection between your use of the Offering and third-party services or applications, such as social networks, when you intentionally interact with such third-party services or applications;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you;
- To send you calls, text messages, emails, and/or push notifications either by us or our logistics providers on our behalf, including autodialed calls and/or text messages, for transactional or operational purposes, such as updates on the delivery status of your order;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms and Conditionsand complying with our contractual obligations with third parties such as music licensors; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected or obtain your consent.
- How We Share the Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We work with third-party service providers to perform services on our behalf and help run our business, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the Offering, including all of the things described in Section 2 above. We provide such access pursuant to agreements that require service providers to protect your personal information and to only process your personal information in connection with helping us run our business.
Social Networks and Other Online Services. The Offering allows you to choose to share information with social networking services, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other online services. You are responsible for any such sharing and understand and agree that the use of your information by any social networking websites or other online services will be governed by the privacy policies of these third-party platforms and your settings on that platform. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
- Your Choices; Notice for California and Nevada Residents and Others
Privacy Rights-Related Requests. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all users of the Offering and will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor requests made by any individual about whom we have collected personal information. Depending on your state of residence, you may have specific legal rights related to such requests.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) gives California residents certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, we are committed to compliance with CCPA. Under CCPA, you may have the right to make certain requests:
- You may have the right to knowabout personal information that we have collected, disclosed, or sold, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected or shared about you in the preceding 12 months,
- The categories of sources from which we have collected that information in the preceding 12 months,
- The commercial or business reason(s) we have collected or shared that information, and
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared or to whom we have sold that information in the preceding 12 months.
In addition, upon receipt of a verifiable request from you establishing your identity, we may be obligated to disclose specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you. Under some circumstances, you may have the right to request deletion of some or all of that information. You may be entitled to designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf.
To make a privacy-related request, including a request related to the exercise of your rights under theCCPA or any other law, you may either send an email to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org Requests for access to or deletion of personal information are subject to our ability to reasonably verify your identity. In order to do so we may ask you to provide additional information that can be matched with information that we maintain. To authorize an agent to make a request to know or delete on your behalf, we will require you and/or the authorized agent to provide to us written proof of their authorization to act on your behalf.
We are prohibited by law from treating you in a discriminatory fashion as a result of your election to exercise any rights you have under CCPA.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings. We may, however, continue to collect information about the location of any Brand Partner facility or event where you check in, while you have your Account linked with your Brand Partner Account(s).
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails, and revoke your consent to receive marketing text messages by replying to any of our marketing text messages with the word “STOP.” Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative or transactional messages from us.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
Security. We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to improve the security of the personal information we collect, maintain, or otherwise process. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
International Visitors. The Offering is hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Offering from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Offering. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Offering, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Contact Information. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com